One of the most anticipated now yearly device upgrades is upon is as Apple chief executive Tim Cook took to the stage and unveiled the new iPhone 5 at the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco today. For the first time ever, almost all the juicy details of the new iPhone was leaked weeks before the announcement event today. The show went on however and the iPhone 5 along with other devices such as the iPod, iPod touch and the iTunes came under the spotlight. Lets focus on the star if the show however, the iPhone 5.
Roundup of what is fresh and new with the iPhone 5
- News design and screen – The iPhone 5 has a 4inch 16:9 screen with improved saturation over the iPhone 4S
- 4G connectivity – 4G arrives on the iPhone with a dynamic antenna and LTE on a single chip for voice and data
- New A6 Processor – Smaller than and twice as fast as the A5 chip found in the iPhone 4S and iPad
- Improved Battery – 8 hours of 3G talktime and 200+ hours of standby time
- Camera – dubbed “iSight”, it stays at 8 mega-pixel but is smaller faster with improved image quality
- New Dock connector – Apple has slimmed down their connector which is now called “lightning”
- iOS 6 – with new maps, panorama photos, Facebook integration and more.
This update to the iPhone is definitely more evolutionary than revolutionary. There is definitely an evening out of features available for the different smartphone OSs and manufacturers, it all comes down to choice and availability when. Windows Phone? Android? iPhone? which do you choose?
Press Release – Apple Introduces iPhone 5
Like the post above? Check out the following related posts:
Latest posts by Kelroy (see all)
- Nokia Announces N1 Android Tablet - November 18, 2014
- Caribbean Blog Awards set for December 5 - November 17, 2014
- iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus now available at select LIME stores - November 15, 2014